The Meydan Free Zone, established in February 2009, under the Rulers Decree no. 5, offers efficient and seamless business start-up in one of Dubai’s most prestigious addresses, as it is located near Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum City, with proximity to the Dubai Logistics Corridor. The Meydan Free Zone companies are part of a thriving, centrally located economic community which offers licenses to all business sectors excluding heavy industry. Allowing companies to become a part of a thriving, strategically positioned economic hub.
- 100% business ownership for expats and sole shareholders
- Ability to operate through a flexi-desk
- Premier location for new business locating to Dubai
- Secure and regulated environment
- Guaranteed 50-year tax holiday on personal and corporate tax
- Full capital repatriation
- FZE and FZ LLC operating licenses
- Sophisticated support services
- No currency restrictions
Benefits of Setting up a Company in MFZ
100% foreign ownership
100% capital repatriation
Flexible facilities options
No currency restrictions
Ideal for Startups and SME’s
No capital deposit requirement
Conveniently hire foreign labors and employees
No personal income and corporate tax
Types of Licenses Available in Meydan Free Zone
There are 3 types of licenses available in MFZ:
1. Commercial License
It allows import and export, trading of various goods and services. This free zone has not yet started providing warehouse facilities.
2. Consultancy License
It allows professionals resourcing and consultancy.
3. Media License
It includes media operations like an advertisement, marketing, and communication.
Business Activities Allowed in Meydan Free Zone
- Import and export of goods
- Consultancy and professional services
- Marketing and communications
Types of Business Entities Allowed in MFZ
The following types of business entities are allowed in MFZ:
- Sole Establishment (FZ)
- Limited Liability Company (LLC-FZ)
- Branch/Representative Office
How to Set Up a Business in MFZ?
The incorporation steps are simple and straight-forward in Meydan City FZ. They include the collection of required documents, preparation of business plan including financial projections, obtaining pre-approval for the business from the Free Zone immigration department, signing of Memorandum of Association, issuance of a certificate of incorporation and license and subsequently issuing visas.
The detailed description of the process is as follows.
- The first step is to fill in the application form and submit the necessary documents with it. You can submit the application online or via email.
- Pay the processing fee as framed by the Meydan Free Zone Authorities.
- Register your trade name at the registrar.
- Once all the documents and initial approvals have been processed, an appointment with the MFZ will have to be made for the registration of your free zone company. It takes around 1-2 weeks for this step to complete.
- Next, sign and attest Article of Association (AoA), Memorandum of Association (MoA) and leasing agreement by all shareholders in front of the MFZ officer